((By no means is this a professional guide. I learnt this technique off my fantastic sensei Lauren in about 30 minutes.
Since I have only done this twice my recollections are not very accurate so if you have any particularly technical questions I can direct them to her. General questions about the badness of my writing I can easily answer))
Materials: Makeup Primer/Lot
0. I think before you do this, make sure you do not have an allergy to liquid latex by doing a spot test?
1. Now we can start. First of all, I think it is a good idea to moisturise your face or create a thin barrier between your skin and the liquid latex, because liquid latex can’t be good for your skin. (I used just makeup Primer). If you have beard follicles or fine hairs on the sides of your face rub some Vaseline onto those areas now (this will make taking off the liquid latex later less painful)
2. Okay so let’s get your prep done. The toilet paper has to be 1ply, so if you have deluxe 3ply 4ply toilet paper split them up into separate sheets. At this stage you can rip the edges, straight edges are not easy to mask and blend. You can even tear some little holes in some of the sheets.
3. Position your toilet paper onto a patch of your skin. While holding your toilet paper in place with one hand, with your other hand use your shitty paintbrush (it has to be shitty dollar store quality because you’ll probably throw them out after this process, brushes are hard to salvage after using liquid latex) to paint on top of the liquid latex.
4. For this step you can either stand around and wait (not that fun). Alternatively, get your hairdryer out and put it on the lowest heat setting and lowest “wind” setting. With your hairdryer gently dry your latexed spot. If you feel a burning sensation just stop. Depending on your latex, it should dry as a clear plastic surface.
5. Depending on the look that you want repeat steps 2-4 altering the size and shape of the toilet paper pieces. Layer them up until you think they look good! I used about…5 pieces on my face and 2 on my hand.
6. If you are content at this point with the shape of your scarring it’s time to move onto the next stage. Make sure everything is dry at this point. Now get your foundation (I used my normal foundation which matches my skintone, alternatively for burn scars getting a foundation darker than your natural skintone could look much better) and slather and cover it all over your plastic bacon wounds. You shouldn’t be able to see any white at this stage.
7. From here on, it’s pretty much free range experimentation. Using a large blush applicator dab on the deep red blush in random spots on your scarring. Alternate the colours you are creating, putting more red on some sections, on other sections only put on a little bit. You can also play around with putting subtle amounts of different colours like blues/purples/browns even?
8. This part is putting on the finishing touches as the red facepaint and the brown eyeliner are used to enhance features of your scarration. Mix up a small batch of dark red facepaint, by combinging a lot of red with a smidgen of black just to darken it. I used the red facepaint to make wounds look deeper, for instance if there was a “hole” In the toilet paper I would colour in that hole. Using a fine makeup brush, I would use the brown eyeliner to “lift” the “veins” created by wrinkles in the toilet paper. To do that I would pretty much colour in the valleys/cracks of the wrinkles so they look deeper than they actually were!
9. If you have makeup sealant use it now so you don’t accidently wipe off all your hard work on some random conger.
Warning: When taking off your baconface it will be very painful! So make sure to take it slow, because doing it in one fast rip might take some of your skin off!!!!!
If you are doing it slow make sure to savour the moment by doing so in front of a crowd of horrified children. Their mental trauma will be what makes this whole process worthwhile!! ;)
Adios! And thanks for reading!! ♥
- meipuuuru likes this
- 5had0w5talk3r reblogged this from fyeahkatawashoujo
- 5had0w5talk3r likes this
- greystravels likes this
- twistedshoelaces likes this
- impbox likes this
- pewpuupalace likes this
- onehappymeal reblogged this from based-naegi and added:
- meowmewledthezombie likes this
- entei-senpai reblogged this from the-pale-princess
- ceruleanmarionette likes this
- vedinamel likes this
- the-pale-princess reblogged this from fyeahkatawashoujo
- the-pale-princess likes this
- futurastic likes this
- based-naegi reblogged this from fyeahkatawashoujo and added:
- the-all-maker likes this
- based-naegi likes this
- 40niyr likes this
- fyeahkatawashoujo reblogged this from onehappymeal
- seductivespirit likes this
- the-girl-with-the-purple-hair likes this
- reyeslala likes this
- hikaridranz likes this
- pettankodaki likes this
- aya16k likes this
- aya16k reblogged this from onehappymeal
- so-many-different-feels reblogged this from onehappymeal
- tohkat likes this
- nexusphantasm likes this
- dandraco likes this
- samtoenail likes this
- marionette-inveigler reblogged this from onehappymeal
- truxtondogyuun likes this
- chetivepoupeesouffreteuse likes this
- shasui-weis likes this
- jamjamlg reblogged this from onehappymeal
- jamjamlg likes this
- hanakosreadingcorner likes this
- kiss-my-aspergers likes this
- krimsonrush said: My guy friend is in love with this character and loves your cosplay….like /too/ much. xD
- shiny-things-i-found likes this
- transcendentmusclebeast likes this
- all-fiction-misogi likes this
- coffeebugg reblogged this from jlcoburn
- coffeebugg likes this
- bisque-doll likes this
- eidobear likes this
- rollingorange reblogged this from onehappymeal
- antifeministscarf likes this